In case any of you are brave enough to hike out in this icy slushy sleety nasty mess that is nothing like the fluffy wonderful snowstorm I was told to expect, here are some specials slung by restaurants hoping to stir up business in this mess!
- Warm up at The Vine , where they are offering complimentary hot chocolate with every purchase.
- Try L’Amico’s Snow Day Soup Special, a Nettle Soup with smoked ricotta
- Laut is offering a complimentary “teh tarik” (Malaysian pulled hot milk tea beverage) and a “pulut hitam” hot dessert (a type of Malaysian rice pudding dessert). (NB: I visited Laut in 2012 – not sure why I didn’t write about it – but I thoroughly enjoyed our meal there and highly recommend it.)
- At The Chinese Club , warm up with a complimentary tea including oolong and pu erh tea.
- Stay cozy and warm for today’s snow day at one of New York City’s most iconic establishments, The Rose Club at The Plaza. The Plaza is stunning blanketed in fresh snow, and you can keep warm with a cocktail (like theRose Club Toddy or one of three punch bowls) and some small bites– a perfect way to escape the storm!
- Maintain your winter bod and stay warm during the storm with Creamline’s hot chocolate topped with Ronnybrook Farm Dairy whipped cream. Throw in some fried Oreos to top it off!
Anyone go out and try these? Let us know how you fared in comments! If I missed any snow-specials, let me know as well!
Be safe out there and enjoy the snow best you can!!