Thursday, July 24, 2014

Chick Fil A

20130119_175106.jpg

My first time everrrrr at a Chick Fil A. I tried the plain chicken sandwich, added Chick Fil A sauce (hey, there’s a reason it’s named after the restaurant, right?), and had waffle fries as well. The waffle fries were fine – nothing amazing but a good companion… and the sandwich?

Yeah, okay. I see why everyone goes nuts for it. The chicken is moist, juicy, fried perfectly, with a flavorful breading. The bread is only okay – it’s a soft foil for the chicken, but could be better if it were a biscuit (I told you, I’m a southern girl at heart). Or something. But overall? I enjoyed this. And I’ll be more insistent on visiting whenever I’m in the vicinity of one… since I’ve passed up many opportunities to go in the past.

But damn that was a good chicken sandwich.

Chick-fil-A on Urbanspoon

Comments

18 Responses to “Chick Fil A”
  1. James says:

Try the spicy chicken sammich. Regular and deluxe are different and delicious.

2. Gary says:

Go for breakfast next time – you can get that chicken deliciousness on a biscuit then. :)

3. Daisy says:

I love Chick Fil A! I’m not a chicken nugget person but theirs is the exception. Not to mention the regular chicken sandwich. They’re like the In-N-Out version of chicken sandwiches with that fresh & homemade taste. I believe they invented the the fast-food chicken sandwich? The best.

…so yeah, I have a lot to say about them :)

• Except I don’t like In&Out :P hahaha. But do share everything you can about them! I love hearing other people’s thoughts on food I’ve eaten and they’ve eaten as well!

• Daisy says:

To be honest with you I get In-N-Out on occasions (which can’t be a bad thing). When I lived in the states I got it when I drove pass it, not usually out of my way. I like the way the cheese melts into the burger. The buns and meat are very fresh (and seasoned well) Not crazy about their fries but their chocolate milkshake isn’t too bad either :) I always open up the burger to add a healthy amount of ketchup. I know someone who was a vegetarian and ordered the buns with the cheese alone, like a grilled cheese sandwich :)

4. Dessert Zombie says:

I’ve only eaten the deluxe chicken sandwiches at their stores but did manage to get their regulars at the ATL airport.

5. Monique says:

my sister lives in DE where they have access to a CFA. Every friday they get free breakfast, and she gets a discount because her husband is a police officer. Not to mention the free food days and the coupons.

6. hungry says:

Is this better than a fried chicken sandwich from KFC or Popeye’s?

• Dessert Zombie says:

I don’t recall enjoying KFC’s sandwich and do not believe I ever had Popeye’s version. McDonald’s had its own Southern Style Chicken Sandwich and I thought it was only okay and kinda a ripoff for what it is. Chick-fil-A is worth a try if you are in the South (or in the NYU cafteria?)

• I don’t think I’ve ever had Popeye’s chicken sandwich, and I don’t remember KFC’s either. I guess I go to those places specifically for fried chicken and don’t bother with the other stuff (though, when I worked at the bar – which was directly across from KFC – I often got the chicken fingers instead, because those were easier to eat between serving beers than eating actual pieces of fried chicken). I will say that I think Chick-Fil-A’s chicken sandwich seems different than a straight up fried chicken sandwich, so … I probably would like this more.

Having said that, I think I enjoyed this sandwich more than Pies & Thigh’s chicken biscuit. Because of the nature of a chicken breast, there were parts that were thicker and therefore slightly dryer than the other parts of the chicken; even with the hot sauce and honey butter, you could feel the dry texture of the chicken breast in your mouth.