Daisy May’s BBQ

Sometimes life just doesn’t go quite the way you planned – so it was one December Friday when TC and I headed to Philly and instead wound up at Daisy May’s in Hell’s Kitchen.  As you can see from that post I linked, we both went earlier in the year and found it lacking.  However, this time around, with our creamed spinach, mac&cheese, cheesy corn, collard greens, sweet & sticky ribs and dry rub… we were both really pleased.  I really enjoyed my cheesy corn, collard greens, and sweet & sticky ribs, while TC liked his dishes as well.  The mac & cheese was also very good – pasta cooked properly and enough cheese taste in the sauce without being overwhelming.

We had a nice chat with one of the fellows working there too – by the name of Junior – who told us that the sides can be hit or miss depending on how long they’ve been sitting out, which makes total sense.  I still enjoy the food there, and will definitely continue to patronize Daisy May’s – and you should definitely try to make a trip there to check it out!

Daisy May's BBQ USA on Urbanspoon

1. Sammy says

You have to try the jumbo beef ribs there next time! They also have bone in rack of lamb special also, but I haven’t tried it yet.

• Sammy says

Wow, it’s doubled since the last time I’ve tried it. Glad I got it when it was $17! If I’m going to pay that much for beef ribs, I might as well get the rack of lamb that can be split between a couple of people instead.

2. T.C. says

Their ribs are delicious. I enjoy the dry rub but still would like a little sauce on the side.
    I’m stickin’ to my creamed spinach. ๐Ÿ˜› And I’ll be sure to get the cheesy corn more often too.

3. Goats says

The jumbo beef rib is phenomenal. I don’t know about 37 dollars phenomenal but it is really really good. Perhaps a special occasion treat only, but something everyone should try at least once.

• T.C. says

Good beef rib but def too pricey for my liking and I don’t know if I want to eat a whole one again in a sitting.
      I’m fine with their dry rub and KC style sweet&sticky-icky ooo weee.

• says

I’ll try it at some point – probably after the price is astronomically high – but when I’ve been lately, I’ve just felt like trying stuff besides the pulled pork. I do agree with Hungry that it’s very good but I have a problem with the consistency; since I don’t live nearby it’s almost definitely a ‘special trip super far west’ for me to get there, and when it isn’t always fantastic, you’re kind of like, do I feel like risking it today?