Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Cakeman Raven

January 25, 2010 by
Filed under Around NYC, Bakeries, Brooklyn, By Name, Restaurants

IMG_0658.JPG

Dear friends, do you know what that is?

IMG_0656.JPG

This is a $6 slice of Red Velvet cake.

IMG_0657.JPG

This is a $6 slice of Red Velvet cake with walnuts.

IMG_0659.JPG

Oh, my.

IMG_0660.JPG

Is that not gorgeous?

A friend of mine (BB, for those keeping score at home – YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!!) just moved very close to Cakeman Raven, so when BF and I went to her housewarming party, I had to swing by and grab a slice of cake or two and introduce the BF to the joys and wonders of the Cakeman.  Moist but light, super rich in flavor, amazingly fluffy cream cheese frosting that isn’t cloyingly sweet, and just… fabulous.  This is my favorite Red Velvet and I can’t even imagine what could make it better.  WOW.

Yvo says: It took me a few days to eat each slice so $6 really isn’t that much to pay for a HUGE slice of cake - especially when this will easily be the best slice of Red Velvet you’ll ever eat (until the next one you eat, of course).  Mmm, I wish I had a slice right now… Oh, did I mention they actually also ship all over the country?  So all my non-NYer fans… you can eat this too ;)
highly recommended

Cake Man Raven Confectionery on Urbanspoon

Comments

11 Responses to “Cakeman Raven”
  1. Aimee S. says:

I think I’m going to make Red Velvet cupcakes for V-Day this year. So good.

2. emily says:

Wow, either we have completely different tastes in food (which I somewhat doubt) or I had a fluke slice of cake. Two friends and I went there last Saturday, after going to the Brooklyn Flea. Our cake was so overly dry, incredibly sweet frosting, no real flavor in either cake or frosting. We’re all dessert fiends and we didn’t WANT to finish the slice.

3. Monique says:

i cried a lil.

red velvet is my weakness

4. Lkp says:

SO good. My friend makes the cupcakes from his cookbook and they are ALWAYS moist and delicious…never dry and crumbly. YUM. Now I want to make a trip out there—good thing it’s raining too hard for me to bother. ;)

5. James says:

I’m convinced!

6. stephanie says:

I luvvv red velvet. It was the top layer on my wedding cake. Have never tried cakeman raven’s but I’ve heard so many good things. Will have to try and hopefully soon :D

7. d says:

That’s been on my food to do list for a couple years. Looks so yummy I might just pay a visit sooner rather than later.

8. We’ve used their recipe for Red Velvet. I can’t eat it (food coloring allergy) but everyone else seemed to think it was the best thing ever.

9. Oh my, that looks amazing. Red velvet is my ultimate favorite- the cream cheese icing is always what gets me. I must visit this place!

10. Nicholas says:

I didn’t think I would be willing to spend $6 on red velvet cake… but I think I would for those…

11. Cakeman Raven says:

Cakeman Raven of 708 Fulton street , Brooklyn …has moved to a new location November 26 2012…. New location 2914 Atlantic Ave , Brooklyn, NY 11207, bet Ashford & Warwick ..Tele # 718 694- Cake